This week it was my little sisters birthday. I made her these Raw Strawberry Cheesecakes because I know she loves them :) She is health conscious too so she loves that they have natural sugars, dairy free and full of healthy fats.
Here is the recipe to share the love :)
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup dates
1 cup raw cashews
Juice of 2 lemons
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp coconut essence
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp. rice malt syrup (could also use organic honey)
1 cup strawberries
1. Place crust ingredients into a food processor. Process until the mixture begins to come together. You may need add 1 tsp of water so that the ingredients bind.
2. Press the crust mixture into a lined cake tin, or silicon mould. (I used a silicone cupcake mould) Make sure the mixture is packed all the way to the edges, and is even.
3. Warm the coconut oil and mix together with the syrup, vanilla, coconut essence and lemon juice. Place into the food processor with the cashews. Process until mixed together and smooth. Add the strawberries and process until very smooth.
4. Pour the mixture over the crust, and smooth the top with a spatula. Place into the freezer and freeze until solid.
5. To serve, remove from the freezer and remove from the mould or tin. Place into the refrigerator for a few hours to thaw. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
TIP: This could be made with whatever berries you like or that are in season. Blueberries make a nice purple colour for presentation. Frozen berries can be used also.